11.27.2006

How I Spent My Thurs. Night

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday afternoon I got a call from my dad and he asked me if I wanted to be in the halftime show at the Kansas City Cheifs games. I'd have been an idiot to say no.

John Fogerty, whom I've explained my love of before, was playing a four song set during halftime at Arrowhead and they wanted a crowd down on the field. So, Thursday night, after a load of waiting in buses and tunnels underneath the stadium, we finally got to run out on the field of Arrowhead, one of the greatest stadiums in the United States, and rock out with John Fogerty. He ripped thru all four songs in about 10 minutes (maybe less...) and then we ran back underneath the stadium again. Afterwards, they fed us a rockin' turkey dinner and gave us free t-shirts and we watched the game on a bigscreen in a tent just outside of the stadium (no tickets=no seats). It was loads of fun.

So here are the songs he played, as they appear on John's new live record, "The Long Road Home - In Concert":
Travellin' Band
Down on the Corner
Fortunate Son
Bad Moon Rising

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is freaking awesome, talk about having your best day ever and then it actually happening.
:)

Goodtimes.

You are like a human luck charm.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you take that picture at the event? Or was that one you just found?

Bad Moon Rising was the first song I ever learned how to play on my first guitar. I don't play anymore, but, still love that song. Cool post!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

i didnt take the picture. we werent even allowed to have our cell phones on us. i think i found it at the chiefs website.

3:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad he didn't play "Centerfield"? That is one I remember hearing a lot. Bummer

1:12 PM  
Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

i would have LOVED it if he played 'centerfield' but i guess that woulda been kinda weird at a football game...at least i figure thats what they would think

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home