11.24.2006

Mates of State Cover Bowie

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've got a few posts that I've been working on including one to tell you all about what I did yesterday. I find it interesting. You probably won't. I'm gonna post it anyways.

In the meantime, I HAVE to share this track. From a concert back in 2004, the overly adorable Mates of State (who met and formed their "group" in Lawrence KS.) took on one of the strongest tracks from David Bowie's "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust". It's sounds pretty much exactly like what you would imagine it would. But that's not a bad thing.

Mates of State - Starman (Live) (David Bowie Cover)


Also, somehow I've been experiencing this sort of creative rush over the last couple of days. I'm writing music and poetry again and hopefully some of the rush will spill over into the site. I hope it does.

And just say no to christmas music!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously. What is with all the christmas music love?

I refuse to listen to the Sufjan...How many albums did he come out with this year? Like 3?

I think we should ban christmas music...
I don't think we should ban covers, I always find it interesting to hear what bands cover what songs, the band covering the song always gives it a special twist. :)

1:03 AM  
Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

lets see...this year he released the b-sides record and then the 5 disc christmas thing.

i walked thru the mall with my ipod on today so i could avoid the christmas music. unfortunately i cant wear it at work tho...

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home