10.03.2006

Toothfairy

There are several great releases coming out today, and this evening I will be swinging by the store to pick up "The Crane Wife" by the Decemberists, as it is the best thing I've heard this year. However, in the weekly glut of new releases a few great ones always go unnoticed and this is one I hate to see go missed.

The band Toothfairy release their new record, "Hard Drugs Made Me A Better Person", today and it is insane. The story behind the record, according to their Myspace Page, is that they found some old records to accompany slideshows from the 60's to inform youths about the dangers of drugs. So the band laid some psychadelic jams over top of the records, slide-change bells and all, and put the four 10+ minute jams on record. It's highly unnerving yet still wicked fun at the same time. The band has put low-quality mp3's of all four tracks on said Myspace page, so take a listen and then go order the record.

I Killed Death
I Hanf Around With...
Do You Wish You Did Do...
The Gates Have Closed



Fully unrelated, this Tom Waits bootleg from Rbally is quite possibly the greatest thing I've ever downloaded on the internet.

3 Comments:

Blogger mickeyitaliano said...

when is a new post?

7:55 PM  
Blogger mickeyitaliano said...

We'd never click. I'm sorry, but it's the movie selection. I know your not looking for a new girlfriend, boyfriend, guy friend new friend (as Suess would put it). But, I would love to send you some films.
P.S. I love Death Cab and your site is great.
XXXO
Mick

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the hell?

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home