1.26.2007

Marnie Stern Melting Faces



Noise rock, avant garde, experemental...all I hear is blah blah blah. Sure I listen to Sonic Youth and Hella and a few other random bands that come under those labels but mostly the type of the music means nothing to me.

But give me a picture like the one of Marnie Stern above and I pay attention. That picture was my first introduction to the guitar shredding wonder woman and it caused me to search out the music. And its really good.

Marnie's high pitched voice, Zach Hill's spastic drumming and the shredding guitar is bound to make your head spin on first listen but be persistant. Its a pretty rewarding listen once you're able to break it down.

The record will be available on Feb. 20th via Kill Rock Stars.
And keep an eye out. She's probably coming to your town.

Via Pitchfork:
Every Single Line Means Something

Via Marnie Stern's Site:
Precious Metal

Be Marnie's Buddy at Myspace


Haha...I was just checking out the Pitchfork description...darn them for using the same descriptive words as me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home