12.05.2006

Country...My Way Dangit!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I have a thing for vinyl. Not the creepy kind - the old used vinyls with the great artwork and the ambience of crackles and pops. I buy used records all the time and am proud of my ever growing collection. If you browse the bargain rack often time you can find something amazing.

And that's where I found this record. I bought 1967's "Country My Way" by Nancy Sinatra for an amazing 50 cents. Nancy lays her smooth and sexy voice over a number of the big country hits of the day. It oozed with acoustics and pedal steels. The best thing is that it featured Nancy's take on one of the single greatest country songs of all time - Skeeter Davis' "End of the World". The arrangements are staightforward but that's ok...if it ain't broke, than don't screw with it. The record is also notable for its production by Lee Hazelwood as well as a couple of guest vocals by Lee himself, including on the classic "Jackson", best known as a Johnny and June Carter Cash vehicle.

Check out two tunes from the record and one more bonus from the re-release from 1996:

End Of the World
Jackson
Hello L.A. Goodbye Birmingham

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Nancy Sinatra she is most certainly in a class of her own.

I have a thing for vinyl. Not the creepy kind -

LOL that was funny :)

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to love Nancy as well - but alas the links didn't deliver.

Are the Mp3's still up?

Thanks

5:25 PM  
Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

i dont know what to tell you guy - theyre still working for me. if you really want to hear them you can email me or send me a myspace message and we can try another way.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite thrift-store-found albums. That and Western Songs for Children on the Disneyland Records label. (sorry for the late comment.)

11:09 PM  
Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

never too late for a comment!

your disney western makes me think of this tape i had as a kid -
alvin and the chipmunks sing country and western.

"i love a rainy night" was my favorite.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home