12.11.2006

Karen O. - KO at Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's an interesting artifact that appreared on the intraweb last night. Apparently some old Karen O. home recordings were found in the apartment of one of the guys from TV on the Radio on a CDR. They came with a written note containing a section of a writing by Oscar Wilde and a picture of Karen and someone that I sure can't identify. At the moment I don't really know a heck of a lot more about this stuff, so if you know any more please share your info with the rest of us.

I almost decided not to post anything from this here because its kinda hard to listen to. It feels like putting a stethoscope against Miss O and listening to her hearbeat. Although the songs, at least the ones that are developed, are good and interesting, they are very unnerving for some reason. On the fourth track (none of the songs came with titles) the layers of her voice start to create a feeling of coming unglued - but I can't decide who's more coming unglued - me or Karen.

Here's track 5: (apparently myfilehut is having issues right now, so it is via Savefile)
Karen o. - Track 5

Go check out Dreams of Horses for a picture of the handwritten note and 2 more songs.


EDIT:
Do you guys think I should take these down in lieu of what is going down over at Stereogum? I feel kinda dirty...

6 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

Heya, I'm proud of you for the Stereogum link! Go Matt!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

i was wondering why all of a sudden i was getting massive hits on that file. thanks heather!

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to find more of the KO album, however I live in the middle of nowhere (rural missouri). Due to this I have no good friends that are members of private torrent engines. So right now the best one that I use it libble, don't get me wrong it helps out alot, but I would love to have some one that could help lead me further down the rabbit hole into oink or indietorrent or some even more well hidden torrent site that i wouldnt know about or need an invite to get into. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
-Ben

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to ben: it's called soulseek!

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell no! This is so pathetic and appaulling that she would freak out like its her wedding night video! So what it is music, and people are always dieing to know what really got some people on the board. I record music and the only obvious reason she has to be mad about it (i haven't heard it yet) is if A) she was planning on releasing it eventually to make some money off it, or B) she was ripping someone off. As a musician, I have a lot of badly recorded music that was used like a sketch book at the time and I wouldn't be happy if it got all over, but I sure wouldn't act like that. Some "stars" need to remember that they however they like it or not, that they chose to be where they are and that is a place that people will start doing weird things to get more of a "piece" of them. Money is the trade off that I stay staunch on to say "Deal with it" You should be lucky that anyone wants to hear your music at all, with the amount of musicians out their dieing for their chance to be heard. Boo Hoo, Karen O find a real reason to freak out.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where can i get all of these songs?

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home