3.07.2006

Reverie Sound Revue

Image hosting by Photobucket

This band is darn hard to get info on. I first heard of them due to lead singer Lisa Lobsinger's trysts with Broken Social Scene, and I'll give anything associated with the BSS crew a shot. Lisa's vocals are wonderful with a powerful voice, kinda like a less country-fied Neko Case (Don't lynch me if you disagree!) and the drums are really a huge part of the show here. The persistant rhythms over the sublte guitar work really keep the music moving. None of the websites I've checked know for sure whether or not RSR even exsists anymore but if so, it'd be a good thing to groove the beat a bit more.
Check 'em out:

Reverie Sound Revue - Rip the Universe
Reverie Sound Revue - Walking Around Waiting Downtown

BYTHEWAY, I was browsing my own site yesterday and noticed that quite a few of the old links are dead by now, so if you see anything you're interested in, just shoot me an email and I'll get em to you...probably pretty quickly too.
Peace and love.

3 Comments:

Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

christine,
thanks for the props. dig pink floyd! :)

im hoping to get up some more bss-related stuff soon.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across a site that had mentioned that RSR had broken up for a spell (apparently they're in three different cities and Lisa Lobsinger had Broken Social Scene Touring obligations) but are now working out their new album material and have a tentative release date of sometime in Spring, 2007.

Can't wait to see what they've come up with

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tottaly agree. This band has like the most deep intense sound. It's sooo sothing and sends you into a deep pleassured excstasy. I too would give plenty to play along their side. Their songs are the best example to describe how I look at the world. Deep, mysterious, possible. SO much.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home