3.06.2006

Covers on Monday?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Since I haven't been posting near as often as I would like to lately, I thought it to be a great time for a covers post.

Mark Ronson and Alex Greenwald - Just (Radiohead Cover)
I got this off a promo for an upcoming Radiohead tribute album with a major hip-hop flair. This track bumps and could probably even be spun on the dancefloor. I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not but I am really diggin' it. Nod your head a bit - it's ok.

Tilly and the Wall - Kiss Off (Violent Femmes Cover)
To the memebers of Tilly and the Wall - I hope you know this is going on your permanant record...as a really good cover. They didn't stray TOO far from the original (mainly just the tap-dancing) but still it sounds like a definite TatW song. Good job.

Shirley Bassey - Light My Fire (The Doors Cover)
I must admit - I really like Shirley Bassey and this cover is the main reason why. I have heard literally about 25 or 30 covers of this genius song, but this one is by far the best cover. The horns swirling at the beginning, the voice, the rhythm section - the whole thing works and is one fantastic listen.

Phantom Planet - Paranoid Android (Radiohead Cover)
Frankly, this is exactly what I would have expected from a Phantom Planet cover of Radiohead. If you like Phantom Planet, you'll dig this acoustic version. If you don't, then you probably won't.

Rose Hill Drive - Shakin' All Over
I know I said that I had posted this one already, but it turns out that I didn't...and I have no clue who did the original but notable versions were done by The Who and The Guess Who. That has to stand for something. Major shredding goin' on here.

1 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

that is an awesome picture! I might use it sometime, hope that's OK. Excellent selection of covers too! :)

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home