2.12.2006

New Flaming Lips and Grandaddy

Even though no one comes here you can't say I'm not trying to put out the good stuff. In addition to the new Calexico stuff I posted, here's new tracks from Grandaddy and The Flaming Lips.

Grandaddy - Summer...It's Gone
This is just more of the same from a brilliant band that's going to be sadly cut short. There really is nothing particularly new from the new album, "Just Like the Fambly Cat", but its still great.

Flaming Lips - Yeah Yeah Yeah Song
About halfway through this song I got up from my computer chair and spontaneously went into half dance/half spasms. This track is fun and out of this world - just like the rest of the album. And if you didn't like "The W.A.N.D.", which I posted previously, it sounds way better in the context of the album. I'll definitely be buying this album.

I'm interested to hear what the rest of you think about these songs. Let me know!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that song reminds me of something that would be on a cheesy teen movie. It's good tho. And I already know what I can do with my powers. :)

4:23 PM  
Blogger Happy In Bag said...

I'll buy the new Lips, too. But only because Yoshimi and Bulletin are two of the best pop music albums ever. That said, the song you post here makes me want to drive down to Oklahoma just to slap the boys silly for releasing this recycled nonsense. They're capable of so much more.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home