4.20.2007

The Decmberists are Possibly the Best Live Band in America

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I really do think that the above statement might be true. But I can't be sure. But after seeing them this Saturday night I may be able to confirm it. I'm gonna go catch them at the Uptown Theater with several hundred of my new close friends. I've been waiting on this show for a while and have been preparing by closely studying setlists and bootleg recordings.

And they're quite possibly the only band that can get me interested in Kate Bush, Joanna Newsome and Cheap Trick. Actually, I'm pretty sure they are.


Bridges and Balloons (Joanna Newsom Cover)
Here I Dreamt I Was an Architect (Live on KCRW)
Shiny (Live)
Wuthering Heights (Kate Bush Cover)
Southern Girls (Live) (Cheap Trick Cover)

From a Colin Meloy solo show:
The Apology Song (Live)

And quite possibly the best b-side in the history of b-sides:
Culling of the Fold


Official Site
Myspace Page

And download all the live Decemberists music you want at the Live Music Archive:
The LLAMA

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Wilco last year. So I am going to have to disagree with you about best live show. But, I saw them last year and they put on one hell of a show.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I am currently trying to get tickets for their show with the Los Angeles Orchestra on July 7th - Hopefully there will still be some tickets left by the time I have enough money. :)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

They really are amazing live. Thanks for the Kate Bush cover, I'd heard of it but couldn't find a copy.

10:53 PM  
Blogger eda said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home