2.22.2007

R.I.P. Kirk Rundstrom

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This morning in Wichita, we lost a legend of the local music scene - Kirk Rundstrom of the band Splitlip Rayfield. His battle with cancer finally got the best of him. There aren't words to describe how much Kirk meant to the local scene and to anyone who knew him. I'll admit I didn't know him personally, but I talked to many who did. Every person who met him shall miss him sorely.

Lawrence.com has a great write up on him that I highly recommend reading.

The simple fact that he refused to let his cancer take him lying down in his hospital bed, but instead while out on the road and playing shows, says a lot about Kirk's strength of spirit.

And obviously, Kirk would want you to enjoy the music.
Via Lawrence.com:
Kirk Rundstrom - Abilene
Kirk Rundstrom - Bullet in the Chamber (HIGHLY recommended)
Kirk Rundstrom - John Brown
Kirk Rundstrom - Leaving

Splitlip Rayfield - Day the Train Jumped the Track
Splitlip Rayfield - Drink Losta Whiskey
Splitlip Rayfield - Hundred Dollar Bill (HIGHLY Recommended)
Splitlip Rayfield - Never Make It Home
Splitlip Rayfield - Lord I'm Lost (Live)

Splitlip Rayfield's Official Page
Splitlip Rayfield Videos at Youtube

2 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

Kirk was a gentle, but tough, son-of-a-bitch. I was not real close but did see several times over the last 12 months. I will be at the funeral being held at the Orpheum in Wichita and should be crowded with love.
Thanks for the post and I enjoy your blog...I visit it often.
http://thecollegecrowddigsme.blogspot.com/

11:25 AM  
Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

casey,
thanks for the kind words. its been really nice reading all the wonderful things everyone has been saying about kirk around the internet. he probably never realized how many people and how many different types of people he touched.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home