6.07.2006

Polyphonic Spree vs. Nirvana

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Have you ever wondered what Nirvana would sound like with flutes? Yeah, me neither. But we need not speculate anymore! Last year Polyphonic Spree headed into the studio with super-producer Jon Brion to record an EP's worth of covers. Included was Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band and this Nirvana classic, Lithium. Somewhere along the way, this EP got scrapped but two tracks (Unforunately, not the Beatles Cover) have been leaked so far to my knowledge.
Lithium has always been my favorite Nirvana song so I was quite skeptical going into this but I gotta say that I enjoy it. If you expect Kurt Kobain worthy vocals, than don't click the link because you're not gonna like it. But for everyone else, this is probably worth it for you.

Enjoy!

Polyphonic Spree - Lithium (Nirvana Cover)

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU so much for posting this! I've been googling every possible combination of words since I heard this song on my local college radio station sometime last year. I was beginning to think I was losing my mind. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)
Annie

4:13 PM  
Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

yay! i'm glad you finally found what you were looking for annie!

enjoy!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Callaghan said...

What was the other song that was leaked?

By the way, the download isn't working right now...but I think it's only temporary.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

hey callaghan, the other track that leaked was their cover of sonic bloom by tripping daisy. its a few posts up from this one. my old links arent working anymore because i think savefile caught on to me and banned me. im not sure tho...

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the song may hav been deleted because the band doesnt like people posting the song. if not, i suggest u take it down soonish. they still have intentions of releasing the ep (im pretty sure). p.s kurt cobains vocals were nothin special in my book. this cover rips royal shit over the original

4:17 PM  
Blogger Callaghan said...

Bummer....I can't seem to find it anywhere else!

5:01 AM  
Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

well, callaghan, if you email me your address ill be glad to email you a copy.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Callaghan said...

Hey, thanks for that, I'd love it if you could email it to me!

I don't see your email address anywhere, so I'll just post mine for now:

toaster15@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot....I really appreciate it!

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting 'file not found' paulanthonyjones =AT= gmail =DOT= com if you'd be so kind as to fire over the MP3.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry - scrap that last post - Google it and there's a link to an MPS.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can somebody email it to me also, thank you in advance.

jedineedleguy@hotmail.com

8:11 AM  
Blogger eda said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home