1.14.2006

Old Guy Music

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Thin Lizzy

Thin Lizzy - Little Girl In Bloom
After hearing Belle and Sebastian reference Thin Lizzy, and then hearing Ted Leo cover this song and name them as one of his biggest influences, I knew i had to check these guys out. Of course, just like everyone else, I had heard "The Boys Are Back In Town" which is a good song. But then I read a review of "Jailbreak" that gave the album 5 of 5 stars. Worth checking out. After I listened to the album the first time I ran to my dad and said, "Why didn't you tell me it was like THIS!?" He just shook his head and said, "You wouldn't have listened." Listen to me. Give this song a chance.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Elton John

Elton John - I Feel Like a Bullett in the Gun of Robert Ford
My dad comissioned me to look for this song. He said that the first time that he heard it, the song really expressed how he felt. I don't know if he wanted me to find it because I was too. I can't believe that NO ONE has covered this song yet. I have always been a big Elton fan but this song really cemented it for me.

The Zombies (It's really hard to find pictures of The Zombies)

The Zombies - It's Alright With Me
These guys do not get NEAR the credit they deserve. Their music has influenced the who's who of indie pop music, including guys like Elliott Smith and Jon Brion. If that's not reason enough to listen to the Zombies, then I don't know what is - oh yeah, the fact that they're amazing. Check out the keyboard on this one.

By the way, I had a really great bonus song to post here but Savefile wouln't let me upload it for some odd reason. You'll get it another day. Now you just have to wait. *evil genius laughter!*

3 Comments:

Blogger JMH said...

That Thin Lizzy song kills. What is the rest of the album like?

I heard Henry Rollins tell a great story of playing at a Thin Lizzy tribute show in Ireland, playing with the original band and hanging out with Phil Lynott's mum. Intense stuff.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

i wish i could tell you about the rest of the album - i unfortunately only have the one song from that album. but it is thin lizzy so its gotta be great.
and that does sound like on heck of a story henry told. id imagine that they guys responsible for "the boys are back in town" would be quite the fun bunch.

12:24 PM  
Blogger heather said...

thank you evil genius. these songs are great too!

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home