1.28.2006

More Covers!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Elbow - Independant Women

This cover still eaves me scratching my head. Xylophones and...is that...and accordian!? And then the far more shocking question - What on earth is Elbow doing listening to Destiny's Child? Guaranteed to make your friends take a swing at you if you play it in a full car.

Image hosting by Photobucket
James Mercer - The Holiday Song (Live)
I believe that James Mercer could perfect time travel, split atoms and tame Macy Gray's hair. He can do anything he darn well wants to. So when James wants to break out a Pixies cover during a radio session, who the heck is gonna stop him?

Image hosting by Photobucket
Flaming Lips - Thank You/Death Valley 69
I didn't belive it when someone told me that the Lips pulled off a great Zepplin cover...I'm not quite sure why I didn't belive it. And then the fact that it's easily one of the best songs that Robert Plant ever wrote. What I wasn't told was that it would turn into a version of Sonic Youth's "Death Valley 69" that will make the biggest SY fans stand up on their feet and sing praises to the Lips. I only wish the audio quality was better...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Matt Pond PA - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Take one of the most perfect songs ever written and add some lush instrumentation and what do you get. A great version of this Neutral Milk Hotel classic.

Sorry about being a terrible blogger lately...its not been the best of weeks...

3 Comments:

Blogger Happy In Bag said...

I may be the one passenger who wouldn't flinch at that Elbow cover of DC.

3:43 PM  
Blogger c said...

i wouldn't flinch either - kitsch is good. but i really love that matt pond tune. he is great.
peace

10:33 AM  
Blogger heather said...

terrible blogger my ass.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home